Dalavich (Dail Abhaich), originates from the Gaelic meaning "meadows near the River Avich". The church, situated near the shores of Loch Awe, was built in 1770 on the site of a much earlier church of rubble stone. Built in traditional style, small and oblong, the church is embellished by round headed windows and is enclosed by a burial ground. A small bell tower was added to celebrate the millennium. The church is surrounded by on old walled Kirkyard and a more recent burial ground lies adjacent which is in current use.
The Sanctuary, which seats approximately 85, incorporates a 19th Century stained glass window at the east end commemorating the life of local schoolmaster, Mr. Macpherson who lived across the loch at Ardchonnel. There is a large vestry which was added later and which once acted as a school room.
In an alcove at the west end, there is a display of two 12th century standing stones from an early Christian settlement at Kilmaha, which have been restored by Historic Scotland.
The earliest church in the area was just north of the hamlet at Kilmun, north of the River Avich between Loch Avich and Loch Awe; that chapel was dedicated to St. Munnu.
A monk by the name of St. Mochoe of Nendrum, was reputed to live, as a hermit, near Dalavich where his 'living quarters' can still be seen. It is thought to be the earliest ecclesiastical site in Argyll, even older than those associated with St. Columba.